Tuesday, March 11, 2008

2 Degrees

Over the weekend I got to meet a fellow blogger!I met Kim thru another blogger's blog...I read so many feeds that I truly can't remember from whom! I just definitely know we read some of the same ones!

Over time we would exchange comments and then one day she recognized one of my friends she knew on my blog that knits in Charlotte Purls with me.

Kim and Wendy used to go to school with each other!

Talk about 2 degrees of separation!! :oDWell you know all three of us just had to get together to meet up! It was great!!

Before you knew it we whisked Kim away off to our Charlotte Purls meet-up and we had needles and yarn in her hands!!!
YES!! We converted another one!!! *evil laugh* MMuuuaaaahhHH!!! ;op

Kim enjoyed learning how to knit! She really enjoyed the fellowship the most about our knitting group!! Go on over and check us out at our last meeting! We really do have fun!

So glad I was able to meet another good person via the wonders of blogland!


On a side note:
There has been a little bit of chitter chatter about blocking 'utensils' and thought I would share some more of my findings ;o)

There are the great Alphabet Tiles or these Play Mats that some may use for blocking.

Ms. Nik offered up a suggestion of these floor mats, and
Sheila used her exercise mats the other day!

I know! I know!!

What is wrong with just using the carpet floor or your bed....pfft.

Because I want "something" LOL

Something special! ;oD

Still might spring for these beauties......we will see.....

Of course I will keep you posted!! :o)

21 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Awwww how great!!!!!! Love meeting fellow bloggers! I don't have any blocking stuff...hmmmm lol
    Liz said...
    How cool is that????? I use some folded up towels and quilting pins for blocking...I'm very high tech dotcha know?!!
    Don said...
    Hey Stacey. Hey Kim. Wow, two good bloggers meeting up. This is better than campbells tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
    Connie said...
    I too need a blocking board and I like the idea that those you talked about store nicely.

    Kim is beautiful and she is now going to love knitting. You got her needled! Now, get her to crochet and she'll be hooked...LOL
    Jada said...
    To meet someone you have been talking to in blogland sounds like a lot of fun!!!Hello Kim!
    Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    Oh man. I have two 1/2 inch thick exercise mats, great big ones. Did it occur to me to use them?? Of course not!
    turtlegirl76 said...
    I use my floor and a towel. And if I run out of floor space, the dining room table. I'm so innovative!
    Anonymous said...
    Look at you in your cute hat!!

    Isn't it fun meeting up?

    I love the guest bed for blocking.
    cpurl17 said...
    They even like the same color sweaters!
    Sheila said...
    That sound like great fun meeting up with bloggers buddies. I finished blocking my EE Kcal project using my mats.. it work perfectly.
    QueenDBW said...
    YAY for meeting a fellow blogger!! I love to meet people that I've been "talking" to online, always a treat.

    I haven't blocked anything yet...I didn't finish my neckwarmer thanks to a visit from Ms. Migraine (argh!!). But I'll be all over it tonite. I was planning to just use some thick towels...but now you've got me looking into getting some blocking supplies :D
    Michelle B said...
    Looks like fun!!

    I am thinking about those knitters blocks! I think I might put it on my birthday list!!
    Kelly said...
    I see what you're saying about wanting "something". I like the toys of knitting myself like stitch markers and ball winders and swifts. As for the blocking boards, they might be useful for say, people like me who have hardwood floors throughout their entire house.
    Sannikka said...
    Hi!
    Love your blog. Found this by accident but will visit again =)
    Knitaholictoo said...
    MMUuuaaaahhhhaaahhh! Rubbing hands together...Good work Stacey, good work!
    TURBOchic said...
    OKay I have to say it-Kim is gorgeous! Way to score anther hot knitter to the ranks!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Yay How fun! and Wooohhooo on bringing another to our side :)
    Batty said...
    Oooh, congratulations on converting yet another person to the knitting life! Before you know it, she'll have a stash and a knitting blog.
    Janet Richards said...
    I just wonder what I used to do w/o the internet, blogs, and ahhhhhh Ravelry. It's so great to meet and make friends. I'm looking forward to meeting Kim at the CP meetings.
    Macoco said...
    Meeting bloggers is a lot of fun! I never thought of using my exercise mat as a blocking tool. Excellent!
    Eb the Celeb said...
    Blog meet-up are the best...KUDOS!

Post a Comment