Monday, March 31, 2008

Even Better Bucket ;o)

So I just had to make a "better" one...

in a color I knew I would really really like...
and squeeze it in right on the last day of Malabrigo March!! :o)

Yep! I made another Buckethead! ;op

I did gift the last one to Apryl who was my "Willingness to Help" Angel during my first buckethead and we did a quick yarn swap too. Thank you for being so helpful to me Apryl!!

~ Project Details ~

Pattern: Solaris' Modified A Better Bucket

Another "Raveler" Solaris modified the original pattern to make it bigger and the brim flare out a little bit more. And I must say it is a wonder what 4 little extra CO stitches will do! ;op

Her revisions did the trick! All pattern mods at the link above in her project notes.

Size: For a bigger head! ;op 22"

Time: Start and finished within 24 hours! Zipped thru it since I didn't have to wrangle over the PCO this time go round.

Got it under the buzzard as my last project for Malabrigo March KALs, but of course will not be the last time you all see Malabrigo from me! ;op

Needles: Harmony US 7 & US 8 - per modified version

Yarn: Malabrigo in Stonechat & Burgundy

Cost: $11

What I learned: That I really am in luv with both of these colors! ;op So it was worth the do-over with the new mods, as it fits better on me!

Modifications: See pattern info link above & my other blog entry.

I also only knitted 6" of body rather than 6.5". Will more than likely grow after blocking.

Verdict: Glad to have my very own now!! :oD It was perfect to wear out yesterday evening as it was gloomy, cold, and damp! Yah! One good use out of it! Don said the bucket hats look like a knitted Kangol and I must agree! ;op
Also, I more than likely plan to add some embellishments on it to jazz it up a bit!

We also have a Blogversary Winner!!

First let me say how I really enjoyed reading everyone's responses and was delighted about some some readers "de-lurking" for some fiber! LOL

Macoco surprised me and mentioned one of my oldest and my 1st "something that is not a scarf" project - my Bobbilicious! Thanks for digging so far back!! :o)


I really appreciate ALL who took the time to wish me a Happy Blog Anniversary and that continue to keep reading me!!

Each comment made me feel so warm & fuzzy and was a great blog present to me! :o) Thank U!!

And I must give a great big e-hug to Adrienne, Erica B., Mrs. Purls, Turtlegirl and Patrice because all of them have been there supporting me since Day #1 when my blog doors open!! YAH!!

Thank You Ladies!!

Okay! So there can only be just 1 Winner for my blog anniversary contest! :o)

Someone will can get 3 skeins of Malabrigo! 2 of their choice and 1 selection by CrimsonPurl.

Results were generated from an electronic randomizer site.

And.......................

the...

winner...

is....


Congrats Liz!! Be sure to checkout her fabulous BTS vest that fits her to the tee!! I must finish mine up very soon!

And another big countdown has started....8 days until my birthday! :oD

31 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Too cute! I want a bucket!!!! LOL
    cpurl17 said...
    It's adorable on you!! I think that's the same color way I made my beret in. Sooo soft!
    Liz said...
    OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!! I am sooo excited to have won your contest!!!!!! You know the colours I love, so you chose me all of the skeins, I know I will love them all!!

    Thank you so much, Stacey! Loving that hat too. It looks cool on you! I love quick knits!
    Anonymous said...
    I love your bucket, and look how great the yarn matches your Harmony needles! It's funny because I had Stonechat, and the colors looked very different from yours. I think the modifications are great. And congrats to Liz!
    Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    Lovely!! I may need a bucket. Not many hats look well on me...things with brims seem to work. Or I could knit it and give it to my kid. She looks great in hats. Brat.
    urbanknitrix said...
    Love it!! It looks great, nice fit.
    Anonymous said...
    How very nice! Maybe I'll make one for me for next fall...
    QueenDBW said...
    I love it!! Maybe that's the hat I need to try (read my email...).

    Congratulations, Liz!!
    Zonda said...
    Looks great on you! Thanks for the link for the Mods! Darn..don't want to start mine over...

    Congrats to Liz and Macoco!
    Anonymous said...
    That's adorable, and the color is great on you! I either need to block the living daylights out of mine or rip and start again -- the fit is way too snug for my liking. As a pal of mine is fond of saying, "it's the process."
    Virtuous said...
    @ Regina - Please send me an e-mail at crimsondiva1999@yahoo.com so I can reply back to you!
    I really am glad you visit me!
    Sheila said...
    LUV the hat and like others I want a bucket too...lol
    Anonymous said...
    It fits you perfectly and looks fantastic on you! Yay for a better Better bucket!
    Twisted Knitter said...
    GORGEOUS bucket and I love that colorway now -- I might not have looked at it twice if I hadn't seen it knit up!

    Congratulations to Liz!
    Erica Bunker said...
    That hat is so cute! Love it!
    Anonymous said...
    Love the Bucket, especially in that color, hee hee! It came out great.
    Wendy said...
    Oh girl! You know that hat is totally all you!!!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Love it and thanx for the link to mods i have a big head lol-i so have to make on of thes for me and little man he loves buckt hats and they look adorable on him.
    Your look totally stylin' in yours :)
    Macoco said...
    That is a really great color for you. I love the bucket!
    tina said...
    The bucket is very cute! You look wonderful in it.

    It is so cold and gray here that I would have to have a body bucket to be warm though!

    You wear it with much sass missy girl!
    Jeanine said...
    Love the hat. Pretty colorway!
    Two Cables and a Frapp said...
    Sweet hat. It's darned cute on ya too !!!
    Anonymous said...
    So glad someone else counts down to their birthday...mine is less than three months away! (though this is not a big year~that would be next year). Expect something from me soon. If it is late, just keep celebrating! Nice bucket!
    Still Patrice said...
    lol @ bigger head.

    Very cute!
    Susan said...
    That does look like a knitted Kangol! Too perfect. Are you excited for your birthday?
    Kelly said...
    Sorry I'm so late to the party but Happy Blog Anniversary. I got to tell you though, that Malabrigo is delicious, ain't it? And the hat came out lovely. But of course, anything red is considered something good in my book!
    WandaWoman said...
    That's a cute bucket hat too. Love how it turned out.
    Ms.Erika said...
    That hat is really cute. I will look for you on Ravelry next time I'm on.
    Unknown said...
    Love it with the mods!
    Sourire11 said...
    So cute! I love that colorway.. I've been wanting to knit something out of stonechat for awhile now. hmmmm.
    Batty said...
    That bucket hat is awesome! The colors look fabulous. Now I really, really want a bucket.

Post a Comment