Saturday, April 05, 2008

Yea I am Here

Been meaning to stop thru earlier and post...but it has been a crazy and busy week!

Not like I have anything major to tell y'all.
But you know how you've got something to say and just gotta say it. :o)

Well a couple of weekends ago my wonderful car of 8 years hit a milestone!You know I had to capture that moment! She so needs an oil change and tune-up right now! LOL

And then I picked up a little toy from W.al-mart's new 'Site to Store' process. $20 bucks from the internet, free shipping directly to the store.

What?!? It's a necessary appliance for knitting!! Well if you decide to do two socks at one time it is!! Haha! Lets not talk about how long that yarn has already been divided into two balls.... ;op

Then last weekend I got a message.

It's bad when your favorite knitting shop text you to let you know they have stuff on hold for you!! YAH!!! :oD

Turtlegirl (or "gurl" to me! Haha) knew I have been wanting this book

With all the Noro yarn I buy I end up with one or two skeins left over (or all those scraps from Lizzie) and need great ideas to do something with them! This book definitely helps with that quest! Look inside:

Please excuse all the non-cropped pics in this post. I won't tell you how this entry almost didn't happen. I am having major issues with uploading pics, not to mention my memory on my laptop is operating basically at zero!!! I must get an external drive to transfer some stuff off ASAP. And then p.hotobucket wouldn't 'save' my crop version within their system....so whatever!

I also have the latest book by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee! Took a pic and all! But yeah that was one of them that would not upload...sish.

Have I mentioned how YarnHarlot herself will be right up the street from me to talk about her book on my birthday?!? YAH!!

Well while I was getting my NORO book I also got some more of this ;op

I gave Sealing Wax another try as this one appeared more red than the last batch I had (I hear Torero is the true 'valentine' red for Malabrigo) and more of my fav purple colorway Velvet Grape.

In the meantime, there has been NO KNITTING going on!!! Ugh! Yeah I was that busy this week! And basically collapsed last night at 9:00pm (which explains why I am up so early bloggin' tee hee)

However, I did swatch last week for a new project...you know trying to do the right thing and all ;o)

I really need to be over here working on other projects and not starting up a whole new one!!

However, I was a mini "SuperStar" on my fav LYS Charlotte Yarn's blog not too long ago.

Check me out HERE :oD

Well I will close out all of my random ramblings on a big note with:

3 more days until my birthday!!!!!!


24 Comments:

  1. turtlegirl76 said...
    Happy birthweekend! Hee hee. In my world, it's a monthlong celebration. You start with Happy Birthmonth, then Birthweek, then birthday and then back to birthweek, and birthmonth. =D
    Adrienne said...
    Happy Happy girl!!!!
    Still Patrice said...
    hey hey birthday girl!! you dont have long to go :)
    Janet Richards said...
    Happy Pre-Birthday!!!! And Yarn Harlot is coming to town just for you!
    Wendy said...
    I always knew you were a SUPERSTAR!!!! You go gurl!!
    cpurl17 said...
    You ARE a superstar! And one of Charlotte's favorite customers.
    WandaWoman said...
    Gurl, it's about to get crunk for bday!
    Sheila said...
    Juliet looks great on you and the yellow makes it pop...you go Birthday girl slash Superstar...lol Thanks for the lovely comment on my sweater. I actually machine wash most of my garments and lay them flat to dry.
    Zonda said...
    Wow! Are you going to meet YHarlot on your birthday? Oh...yikes, I may be to get that book too! Happy Birthday..almost ;)
    Unknown said...
    Happy Birthday early!

    Love the Malabrigo!

    do you do the picture show through Photobucket?
    Anonymous said...
    I love that Noro book..I've seen it in a knit shop and it has really good stuff in it! Have fun. :o)
    Batty said...
    You know that showing the contents of that book was evil, right? Now I covet it...

    Have a great Birthday... with Yarn Harlot! You lucky girl, you!
    Anonymous said...
    Such cool graphics with the Noro book. I think I'm on the same page with you; my LYS manager called me at 10:15 this morning to run and idea by me. I think I may be spending too much time there... NAH!
    Deborah said...
    oh i love that hat and the colors are perfect!

    Happy Birthday!
    TURBOchic said...
    I love the way you celebrate! ;) Athough, sound I be worried that you take pictures of your odometer while driving 50+ miles an hour? (mostly like to get yourself to the nearest yarn shop....)
    Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    Girl's car, before she totaled it, hit 200K. She stopped at 199,999 and took a picture, drove another mile and snapped again. It was a 1996 Toyota Corolla. Great car. Would have gone another 75-100K if she had not driven it into an SUV.

    Stephanie is very funny in person. VERY.
    Anonymous said...
    Hooray on getting the scale. You know I support yarn appliances all the way.

    Happy birthweek! I believe in celebrating all month though...

    Can't wait to see what you whip up from the new book.
    Don said...
    You have definitely taken care of your ride, Stacey. Props. I've never had a car to hit 100,000 miles. Do you take care of your men in the same manner? What? You thought I would change up since you deleted my last comment?




    Nah.
    Jada said...
    You are a STAR!!I love that collar on that shrug too!!
    Knitaholictoo said...
    Hey Gurl! Lovin' the scale! Happy Birthday (early)! I probably won't be on for a little while. Toasting ya with come grape juice, ha, ha!
    Robin said...
    Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great, day, week, month and year!
    Two Cables and a Frapp said...
    Happy B-Day too yoo !!!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Happy 100,000 to your car!!
    How do you like you scale-i also want to get the 2 at a time sock book so-i will have to invest in a scale-i used to have one little over a year ago but its didnt measure correctly. so i took it back and havent looked at them since.
    Looks like a great books can't wait to see what you make and of course you want the boots that are on that page ;)
    yay for the birthday!! Are you doing anything special?
    too cute that you countdown-i usually forget my birthday is coming until like the day before.
    Sheila said...
    Stopping by to say Happy Birthday!!!

Post a Comment