Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Knitmas in the Making...

It has been a cool minute since I've shared what is going on while "in progress" and flash some yarn p0rn your way too! :o)

My latest knit "in production" is the Buttony Sweater (btw - I love my new stitchmarkers)

this project actually kept me busy and made an experience much less excruciating during my wonderful f.o.u.r. hour P.rayer for J.udgement driving class *tight grin* (yes I got a ticket..and it wasn't even for speeding!!) Ugh!

I had a bumpy start with the vague raglan directions on the left panel, and really not sure how this thing will "fit" as I left it as a 'design element' (yeah I was lazy) Haha! So.......we will see LOL

But in the meantime, it is growing and ready for me to divide for the sleeves, where I will find out the "real" truth on if it will workout!! *cross your fingers for me*

This morning I swatched for a very long awaited project


...like I coveted on my knit pal Turtlegirl spring of last year
...like I bought the book only for this pattern
...like I purchased all 8 hanks of the yarn just for this project way back in May of this year (yes, 7 months ago)

THAT is how long awaited this project has been!!!

And it is this

Since I have overloaded you all with Noro figured it was time to switch off with my 2nd love Malabrigo!! LOLI just LURVE Stonechat!!! As you all already know crimson and chocolate is one of my favorite color combos!!

Originally I really wanted this shrug to be in Velvet Grape (my other fav malabrigo color), but once I discovered Stonechat some time ago, it was then I knew it had to be in this colorway instead!

Speaking about projects (and yummy malabrigo)! On my buttony sweater I am going to need....well buttons! :oD (gotta love w.al-m.art)Tell me which ones do you favor with this color? The silver ones on the left or gold ones on the right?? Remember there will be 12 of these running down my chest! Haha!

Drop your 2 cents in my comment box ! :o)

Well I am really eager to get some good knitting mileage in during my time off (I luv these candies!!)In the meantime, hope your holiday is on & poppin'!!! :oD

23 Comments:

  1. sophanne said...
    silver silver silver buttons.
    SissySees said...
    I second that - the silver. Although the will stand out more, I like blue and silver together better.
    Knitty Cent said...
    i'm all for the silver. love those xmas edition pop rocks! beautiful colors. gotta update us and let us know how the buttony sweater works out. the shrug looks yummy already!!! ^_^
    Adrienne said...
    SILVER!

    OHHH Patrice said pop rocks are like a party in your mouth lol.
    Anonymous said...
    I like the gold. Purple and gold...regal, royalty. Have a blessed Christmas.
    Unknown said...
    The yarn looks blue on my screen. If it's blue, then I vote for the silver buttons. It's purple, I go for the gold ones.
    tina said...
    either of those buttons will be smokin' on you dear........... personally I'm into silver these days but either works!

    You are just knitting like a crazy girl-----go go go go go........
    Emily said...
    Ooh, I was just talking about my Pimlico Shrug earlier today... it is one my favorite FO's of all time, so wearable and cozy... BUT it was also one of the most boring knits ever! But I'm sure you will love it since the yarn is so nice!

    Silver buttons.
    Anonymous said...
    Happy holidays to you!
    WandaWoman said...
    I like the silver buttons best. Stonechat is a pretty colorway. And you've been sitting on that Malabrigo since May? Wow!
    Cas... said...
    Wow! I'm getting jealous! Very nice yarns! I can't wait to see your projects!

    I vote for the silver buttons!

    Good Luck and Merry Christmas to you!
    Dave said...
    The ticket didn't happen to have anything to do with certain photos, did it? LOL!

    I vote for silver, and have a happy holiday!!
    Knitaholictoo said...
    It's been awhile! Love yor hat, you where it well. You're great you deserve your holiday surprise! drooling over yr knit jewelry.

    Merry Christmas, CP!
    Michelle B said...
    Definitely the Silver!

    Have a very Merry Christmas! May you get lots of knitting done!
    Sereknitty said...
    Silver. Which knitting book is that?

    I haven't seen pop rocks since I was a kid -- I didn't even know they made them anymore! I seem to recall an unfortunate incident when some smart alec decided to mix them in his mouth with some Coke. Not pleasant!
    Merry Christmas!
    Still Patrice said...
    Girl isn;t that the shrug we were suppose to knit together? lol oops

    Love the purple!

    MErry Christmas Stacey :)
    Still Patrice said...
    Girl isn;t that the shrug we were suppose to knit together? lol oops

    Love the purple!

    MErry Christmas Stacey :)
    Psyched2Knit said...
    Merry Christmas! I hope Santa is good to you!
    Unknown said...
    Candy Cane Pop Rocks!?!?!??! That looks fantastic!

    Merry Christmas!!!
    Andrea said...
    Love the silver. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday. I didn't even know you could still get pop rocks. I use to love that candy.
    knitnsticks said...
    Heigh-ho SILVER! Loving that malabrigo - I'm a red girl too and anything mixed with chocolate has to be better!!
    Shameka said...
    I wanted to make the buttony sweater too, but the vague directions made me run away. I can't wait to see how yours turns out. It just might inspire me to take a second look at it. The buttons are great as well.

    Stonechat - I love that colorway as well. Hmmm.. you should make matching socks. :-)
    Laura said...
    hmmm. i recognize those pop rocks! :)

Post a Comment