Saturday, December 20, 2008

Soooo Appreciated!

Is exactly how I felt on last Saturday!!

My awesome knit/crochet group, Charlotte Purls, surprised me during our annual holiday luncheon!!

With a fabulous basket to show their appreciation of being the "organizer" of the group

It was so unexpected and felt SO good! :o)

They really floored me with their very very very generous giftA gift certificate to a local spa here (much needed paraffin pedicure here I come!!!) AND a v.isa gift card (already started getting some goodies) too!

The card read, "To Stacey - Thank you for all you do! With much love, from your Purls"

Along with some of my favorite treats of gum and a bag of chocolate caramels (which is all gone!!)

And one of the Purls, Heather, gave me some BEAUTIFUL handmade stitchmarkers out of genuine Swarovski crystals!!! *gasp*

I already have a new project on the needles with my fab new knit jewelry!! (WIP/FO pic to come soon...)

I really was overwhelmed with their thoughtfulness and being so kind during these crazy times!!

THANK YOU Purls for being the best knitting group ever!!! :o)

27 Comments:

  1. Nettie said...
    What a great surprise and a great gift basket too! Just proves that knitters are some of the best people around :D

    Btw, you look very cute holding your basket!
    sophanne said...
    this post made me smile and smile
    Adrienne said...
    Awwwwwwwwwww that is so sweet!!!!!
    DeltaPurl said...
    awwww
    Sheila said...
    That was so sweet of your friends. Enjoy
    Sereknitty said...
    There's that cute hat again! Sounds like you have some terrific friends :)
    cici said...
    awwww so sweet. I know you deserve it! What great gifts:D
    Still Patrice said...
    awwww how nice of them *tear*

    love the dragonfly stitch marker!
    Anonymous said...
    I'm sure it is much deserved. I don't know too many people with your type of energy and enthusiasm. Have a great holiday!
    Cas... said...
    What a nice group. It's always nice to be appreciated. I know it felt really good. Good for you!

    Girl you're wearing that hat! It looks really good on you too!

    I can't wait to see what you're working on too!
    SissySees said...
    Absolutely awesome! True surprises are the best kind, aren't they?
    Shameka said...
    That is a great gift!! I Love those stitch markers.
    Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    that's awesome!
    Susan said...
    What a thoughtful surprise. Very sweet, indeed.
    WandaWoman said...
    Aww, that is so sweet! And very generous. sounds like you do a great job and your group is grateful. I love it! Enjoy your spa time!
    turtlegirl76 said...
    You deserve it! I'm so glad they gave you such a wonderful present!
    Anonymous said...
    Wow, how fortunate are YOU? Very nice gift basket! Enjoy the Holidays.
    tina said...
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, how nice!!!! It is always lovely to know how very much you are appreciated! You are lucky and they are lucky indeed to have you!!!!!
    Knitty Cent said...
    now that is sooo sweet! ^_^
    Emily said...
    You must feel great! Lucky them. Lucky you. :)

    Happy holidays!
    Denise said...
    What a great group of gals that is, and you're part of it - enjoy. Hope you all continue to have good times in 2009
    TLCknits said...
    What a sweet group!!! Enjoy!!!! Have a beautiful holiday
    Jeanine said...
    What a great surprise. ENJOY!!!
    Anonymous said...
    That IS a cool group. You must really make a difference! Great job.
    Batty said...
    Yay! That's a wonderful surprise. You can knit during the pedicure, and it'll make your feet happy. Great gift.
    Unknown said...
    What a nice gesture! and well deserved, I'm sure.
    Anonymous said...
    What great gifts!

Post a Comment