Saturday, January 17, 2009

Knit-flections

Well I haven't spoken to y'all since last year!! :o)

And I trust 2009 has been treating you well thus far!

Been seeing the whirlwind of everyone's "new year posts" and have enjoyed reading/scanning thru them ;op
Now appease me for a moment, as I still have to document highlights (= not all of them) of my Knit Reflections from this past year and want to share them now as my 2008 Knit Year in Review

I ended up getting Dye-Virgintized

And had a great learning experience on dyeing my own yarn!! Hopefully, I will knit with it this new year Haha!

Then I truly started knitting fearlessly!!

Hemlock really changed it for me, and opened up a new level of getting beyond what was my "safe knitting".

I took my very 1st knit retreat to Purl Jam over the summer! And met some really great people!! Shortly afterwards I exercised my needles on making more Socks

And then went into a knitting comatose participating in Ravelympics! Haha!My Indigo Ripple Skirt is one of my favorite knits from the year....okay who am I kidding it is THE one! ;o)

But I so love my malabrigo loafers, Ponchita, my 4,821 neckwarmers (tee hee), etc. I could keep going! ;op

I never got around to blogging about it but I actually tried out Spinning this past fall!It was definitely an experience and you gotta get the hang of it. Glad that I tried it out and exposed myself to something different!!

Here is the fruit of my labor on my own spindle! ;op

And it hasn't grown either Haha!

Now.....I can firmly say that I am more than willing to kick in the extra dollars in buying all of my fiber already dyed and spun for me! ;op

In keeping with my tradition of not doing a mosaic of all my finished objects, I decided this time to do a Slideshow: 2008 Knit Year in Review











If you are not feeling motivated or too antsy to wait on a slideshow you can click on the 'finished objects' link (for the project details) that is listed below on my blog or click here for a f.lickr mosaic.

Keeping my thoughts and mind on the future!
I would like to knit more socks and doing some colorwork projects, along with more sweaters!

Alright! Alright!

I have much more I want to talk to you all about, but this will do for now.

And I have my 1st F.O. for 2009 to show too! ...y'all know the drill...as soon as I can get good pics I will load it up! :o)


Have a memorable MLK weekend!!

18 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! LOL

    I love your Hemlock! I am NOT ready!

    I am going to do a sock class next month so maybe I can join you in some sock knitting lol.

    LOL @ 482 neckwarmers! LOL I didn't finish my ONE LOL

    LOL@ it didn't get bigger! LOL

    You had some great FO's in 2008! I hope to have atleast ONE in 2009!

    Enjoy your weekend girlie!
    IrishGirlieKnits said...
    Happy New Year!! Wow! What a year of knitting you had in 2008!! I hope 2009 brings lots of knits!!

    Have a fabulous MLK Weekend!! A memorable one it will be indeed :)
    Stacey said...
    Yah! Happy new year!

    I love that skirt too, it's so lovely and you did such a fantastic job!

    Have a great knitting year!
    Anonymous said...
    lol you couldnt possibly own 482 neckwarmers. lol
    Anonymous said...
    You tried so many new things in 2008! The dyeing and spinning are really big things to have tried, and you expanded your horizons with the socks and skirt and sweater too. Keep learning and sharing! I'm sure you will do both!

    Am I going to meet you at Stitches South in Atlanta in April???
    Wendy said...
    My goodness girl! I didn't realize how much was actually knit this past year! Quite a collection!
    Cas... said...
    I was just wondering about you! I'm glad to see your year in review. Cool projects and plenty of them!

    Your skirt is my favorite too! But I like all your projects!

    It's great to see you tried different things too! I want to try some more things too!

    Keep up the good work.
    Anonymous said...
    You were so busy this year! You really ended up with so many lovely knits. I've enjoyed following along, and can't wait to see what you come up with in 2009.
    Michelle B said...
    Happy New year!

    You had a very knitterly 2008 here's to more in 2009!
    SissySees said...
    What a great year in knitting. Here's to another fine list of FOs and new skills for 2009.
    DeltaPurl said...
    I love the shoes....I might have to try those out....maybe I should have done 'a things started' 2008 knitted objects review
    Sereknitty said...
    My goodness you accomplished a lot!
    While the skirt is fab, I still think the detective hat is my fave.
    Blessings to you in '09!
    Knitty Cent said...
    You have been busy in '09!

    ROFL @ dye-virginized! Dying is so much fun.

    Hemlock looks absolutely gorgeous. It's all about challenging yourself and it looks like you've passed with flying colors!

    I can't wait for Madrona in February!!! No classes this year, but the camaraderie is so worth it!
    Anonymous said...
    Here's to a happy, healthy and creative 2009!
    Psyched2Knit said...
    Love the post! You have a fun life!!! Hope your day tomorrow is fabulous and the celebrations will just continue on Tuesday! Tuesday we will all hear MLK's words, "Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, free at last" (From G.W. Bush!!!)

    enjoy!
    diddlinaknits said...
    What a great year for you!!!! I know 2009 just as great if not better.
    Loved seeing all the pics and going-Oh yeah i remember that-and we cant forget all your neckwarmers :) :)
    Happy New Year!
    Jeanine said...
    You accomplished ALOT in 2008! Kudos to you. Happy MLK day. Tomorrow is also another great day to look forward to.

    Wishing you a blessed and prosperous New Year!
    Anonymous said...
    Happy New Year! I am still in awe of the people you met. So many great projects. Here's to an even better 2009!

Post a Comment