Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fun Surprises!

Well over the weekend I got a SURPRISE visit from one of my long time blog friends Shameka!!

She just happened to be in the area and made sure we connected! :o) I was so delighted b/c we have been chit chatting about anything and everything for awhile now. So it is always great to meet someone you've been having an e-friendship with Haha!

Of course we had to go out and eat!! Went to my fav sushi restaurant in the area where she was visiting fam.
Yep had to get some pineapple martinees with the sushi..Hey! It was a Friday night ;o)

I believe I started reading Shameka's blog first and noticed she was in the knit world with other bloggers I followed like Rosi G. and Jeanine...luv them gurls!!! So it was kinda like I was meeting them indirectly too (well in my mind at least! Haha)...Heeeeeey y'all! :oD

We had a great time chit chatting had our tempura mango dessert and then of course we whipped out our knitting (well...I was hookin' it up! Haha)Shameka's sock bug may have bit me so I can see another pair in my future again very soon! ;op
My granny square blankie has been addictive in that it is so mindless that I can't get enough of it. More crochet blankies are definitely in my future.

Shameka gurl thanks for connecting with me while you were in the rainy QC! Hoping you make your way back when we have better weather!!
Really wish you were still here so we could hit the yarn shop! Hopefully next time!!

And another SURPRISE is up as those who read my last blog b-day post in its entirety realized I had a hidden contest! :o)

There was four lucky folks who entered and Heather (check out her Shallowtail) was the name that shuffled out from the Randomizer and won herself some

Congrats!! Be sure to pick out which color you would like to try out for yourself!

Happy that you are willing to explore different types of yarn ;o)

That is all for now,

Make it a great week with purpose!!

25 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Fun times! Y'all look really cute :)

    Off topic... email me the link to your amazon wishlist, please and thank you.
    Adrienne said...
    Glad you had a good time! It's always fun to meet up with bloggers!
    turtlegirl76 said...
    I love meeting e-friends! Looks like you two had a great time together. =)
    urbanknitrix said...
    Awesome. Nothing like sushi and drinks!! Glad you had fun.
    SissySees said...
    What a fun meet-up! I'm liking crochet for travel projects too; it's more forgiving, I think...
    robin said...
    Looks like so much fun!! One of these days we are going to have to meet up for some sushi as well!
    Jada said...
    Wow that is wonderful to meet your blogging friend! Looks like you guys had fun.
    Rosi G. said...
    HAHAHAHA!! that's mighty sneaky of you! LOL i totally didn't catch that bit at the end. that was my scan blogs day. LOL

    i loooove shameka. ain't she a doll? she's so lively and sweet that you can't help but smile when she's around!
    Sheila said...
    I always enjoy reading about e-friends meet-ups and it clearly shows that you both had a fun.
    Jeanine said...
    OMG!!!!!! YAY you met my TWIN! How cool is THAT???? Sounds like you two hit it off well. YUMMY - Sushi and drinks!!
    Anonymous said...
    I read the whole post, I did. But all I could remember where the words pinapple martini. Mmmmmmm.
    cici said...
    Sounds like your weekend started off pretty awesome. That was a cool and sneaky contest. Congrats to the lucky winner♥
    BrownBerry said...
    Happy belated blogiversary!!

    I love it when I meet cyber buddies in real life. Looks like a nice night out! Your scarf from the last post (and that last photo of you especially) is so ELEGANT! Nicely done!
    tiennie said...
    Very fun! mmm....pineapple martinis...mango desserts...sushi....
    diddlinaknits said...
    oh wow meeting more friends-very cool.
    Looks like you guys were enjoying each others company and getting some knitting and hookin done!
    Knitty Cent said...
    ROFL @ e-friendship, that's the way it goes though. cut pics, looks like y'all had fun. pineapple martinis are added to my "must try" list, LOL.
    Anonymous said...
    OMG that is hilarious about the contest. I actually read "almost" every word but skipped to the end one sentence before your hidden blog contest...LOL. I even went and checked with an attitude cause I just KNEW I read it all...LOL!!! Well at least you know I read 98.9% of the post!

    Looks like you gals had great fun especially them pineapple martinis...yum!
    Shameka said...
    Stacey, I had an awesome time meeting up with you. It was so wonderful to see you in person and put a voice to the bubbly personality that exudes over email. There will definately be another visit in my future. I am looking forward to checking out Charlotte Yarns. We can have a Pineapple Martini anytime. It was awesome.
    Unknown said...
    it's really special to meet fellow knit bloggers.

    (You're a lefty!)
    Michelle B said...
    Looks like fun!!!!
    Batty said...
    You look like you're having such a great time! Pineapple martinis, those sound absolutely wonderful. I'm more of a vegetarian sushi kinda girl, but those martinis... No wonder you're both smiling.

    Cant wait to see socks on your blog. : )
    Deborah said...
    so jealous, shameka beat me to it!
    chicagopurl said...
    I am soooo luvin the fact that you two connected! And the pineapple martinis sound soooo good! I hope you both make it to Chicago and I make it out to see you two soon! Luv you both!
    k_purls2 said...
    Ahhh, I need some spicy tuna maki! Looks like you guys had fun. That's so nice!
    Heather said...
    YAY! I won!! I never win anything! :-) Woot! I think I like the Dusty Blue color the best. I can't wait to try the yarn out! Thanks so much Stacey!! <3

Post a Comment