Friday, October 26, 2007

My Purple Elephants

A little while back I mentioned how I was participating in the Pay It Forward - Knitters' Version (click on the link for details = I don't feel like repeating myself! Ha! ;op).

And I signed up under Wendy who in turned "Paid it Forward" to me! Y'all remember Wendy who gave me Christmas in August!

Well my PIF package came on today and I was happy to get it because of course it was wrapped in red, but it was a purple dishcloth and towel set! An extension of my wonderful 'Purple Passionate Package'! :o)

















Can y'all see the design on both of them??

CUTE elephants! :oD I just luv them!

I have heard that elephants are collected for "good luck" (if you believe in that). I only believe in God's favor & blessings.

But I looked it up on w.ikipedia.org and they mentioned this:
"Elephants are symbols of wisdom in Asian cultures, and are famed for their exceptional memory and very high intelligence, and are only outsmarted by cetaceans and hominids.[6][7].
Aristotle once said the elephant was "the beast which passeth all others in wit and mind."

Quite interesting! I actually collect them because of the sorority I am in.

And I am so grateful Wendy had the energy to knit something up for me! (Because I am still knitting up for my PIF giftees ;op)
Thanks so much my e-knitting friend!!

11 Comments:

  1. SissySees said...
    Perfect for you!!

    And yet, poor Wendy has no PIF present from her "source." (I do have a plan, does that count?!)
    Cas... said...
    That is gorgeous! I love the towels. Too cute. My Mom likes elephants too. She is not in a sorority. She is just an old southern mystic type that believes in luck! LOL!
    cpurl17 said...
    What cute gifts!!
    Adrienne said...
    HA! I know you lovin those elephants!!!!! Very cute!
    Octopus Knits said...
    Very nice!
    Sheila said...
    Awww man there you go again... receiving such cute goodies... I need to PIF.
    Jada said...
    That is a cute gift!!Girl you are special!!

    Have a great weekend!!
    Anonymous said...
    that set definitely fits you! love that purple color! :-D
    Mama said...
    Purple elephants - how fun is that?!

    Beautiful line - "I only believe in God's favor & blessings."

    ps: Just realized that I am going to be in your town this week(end) - Thurs, Fri, and Sat - wish I would have made the realization befor making my flight arrangements...
    diddlinaknits said...
    those are cute elephants! yay for you.
    Anonymous said...
    Ohhh, I love the pretty purple - and the elephants are just fantastic! Very, very cute gifts!

Post a Comment