Sunday, December 09, 2007

Installment #5 of Blogstalking is all about an interesting statue. And I have seen plenty of them!
But the one that most recently sticks with me was when I went to San Diego last summer.

I actually had to go digging for the picture so I could scan it and then I couldn't remember for the life of me the name of the statue, but I was intrigued by it because of the name......that I could not remember! LOL

The i.nternet is a wonderful thing! I researched statue exhibits on Harbor Drive, and appears that since 2003 San Diego has this art exhibition called the Urban Trees!

Here is the one I really liked called Hiss-Tree

San Diego just has awesome weather!

When I visited in July '06 they were on Cycle 3. There are 30 unique statues that are lined up along the oceanfront that people can view, and I really enjoyed quite a few of them (i.e. Kelp, Solar Cactus, and Sunset Trees) that I also took pictures of as well.

Here is a close up of the Hiss-tree that I got from the Unified Port of San Diego site.Of course the artist would be willing to sell it to you for the low low price of $19,000 :oD

~ BTW, I am going to give blogger one more chance on this comment thing...I hear it is working alright now.

17 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Is it working? GO TO TYPEPAD!!!
    KnittyLynn said...
    Thank you SO much for sharing that site. I would love to go to San Diego and see them in person. Last time I was there in *gulp* 89. Eons ago.
    I like Puff, Sea Dragon, Pinnacle, Calderberry Tree...and and and! :)
    Cas... said...
    Sounds like a fun trip. I want to go to San Diego too. I really want to go to the zoo! I will never grow up! LOL!
    SissySees said...
    So that must be where our city got the idea for its "art in place" which pales in comparison...
    cpurl17 said...
    Next to Hawaii, San Diego has the best weather! Cute vacation photo!
    Wendy said...
    Oh, I loved it when Honey was sent to San Deigo for a work project and I got to go visit. What a great city! We actually considered moving there!
    KelInCal said...
    How cool is that?? I went to SD a few months ago and didn't see anything near that interesting! Musta been in the wrong place...
    Jada said...
    Looks like you had a great time.Girl that statue is cheap go buy it!HA HA Girl you could buy a lot of yarn with 19,000 dollars.
    Susan said...
    That is great! Next time your in San Diego, we'll have to do a little Knitting get together.

    KD
    Don said...
    Yes, Virtuous ended up going back to the reg comment box.

    It fits your blog better, imo.

    Isn't that you in the photo?
    Robin said...
    Hiss-tree is very cool! Thanks for sharing.

    I second Adrienne's comment about Typepad - it emails you the comments immediately, and I love it for so many reasons. Unfortunately, it's not free.
    WrkNProgress said...
    I have been to San Diego, I love it there. I haven't been in awhile, I like the name but the artist can keep the art.
    Lindah said...
    I like your site, tiz colourful!

    Love the Hiss-tree but am afraid of snakes.
    Doesn't it scare children?
    Lindah said...
    Hi Purl,
    my addy is amgladd@yahoo.co.uk
    Merry Christmas!
    Deborah said...
    I've never visited San Diego but I have considered moving there...
    diddlinaknits said...
    Hope all is working better :) I got mad a blogger too awhile back for so many reasons mostly posting problems so i understand the frustration. cool statue Why did you buy it???? -hah 19,000-i carry that around all the time in the hopes of buying a huge statue for my front yard. Can you imagine what the neighbors would be thinking. I bet making that statu was a hell of a job though.
    J.P. said...
    Ok, I really think that big snake is going to give me nightmares!

Post a Comment