Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Lion Brand Fashion

A little while ago I purchased a whoopin' 2 balls of "can't find this color anywhere" L.ion B.rand yarn and the cute Cable Luxe Tunic pattern.

When I received my small package, inside the box was the Fall/Winter 2007 Lion Design catalog. I flipped thru it while waiting in traffic and realized that L.ion B.rand is really trying to step up their "fashion" game. Nice!

Below are a few items that raised my "knitting antennas" ;o)

Fall/Winter 2007 Lion Design Catalog
Top: 1. Glowing Colors Afghan - out of Jiffy yarn!! I could not believe it...but it sheds like crazy! 2. Cable Vision - cute but probably won't knit it. 3. Cable Luxe Tunic - the one I had to just get and you probably have seen everywhere in the knit blog world. I must knit this eventually! It made my mouth drop, and reminds me of the tangled yoke, not to mention it could 'almost' be the cousin to Silver Belle.

Bottom: 4. Drop Stitch Pattern 5. Cabled Baby Set - out of Lion Organic Cotton 6. Satchel Grande

I have always have been concerned with L.ion B.rand's patterns. Every time I see or hear of a knitter/crocheter making something from them they consistently complain about the errors and logic behind the writing....doesn't exactly make me want to jump and knit up something from one of their patterns.

And how about this one!! :oD New Wave Throw - the look-a-like of Lizard Ridge!

Sure does remind me a lot of something I just did not too long ago! ;op Haha!

BTW - I am LUVIN curling up with mine. It may be lightweight, but it sure does heat my legs up quick!!

And look at this yummy yarn that LB has now

Lion Organic Cotton

Nice! Really likin' that bark color! And it would look great in that baby cable set - item #5.

Well that is all I got.

Enjoy the rest of your week! :o)

18 Comments:

  1. Wendy said...
    Thanks for sheding some light on somethings I would have over looked.
    Erica Bunker said...
    I hope I get around to it because I definitely want make the cable tunic. It's a direct replica of the Pringle of Scotland tunic.
    KimT said...
    those are some nice items. I really like the sweater, too chicken to tackle though!
    Adrienne said...
    THey are really pulling out all the stops!!!!
    Dipsy Doodle said...
    Oh my gosh, these are some more than beautiful knits - I don't think I could pick a favorite... okay, well, I'd go for the throw I think... then again, everything is so gorgeous! Yummy!
    Jada said...
    Wow those are some nice patterns!I love that cable luxe tunic.
    Stacey said...
    I saw that catalog as well & was impressed with a lot of the items. I love that Cable Tunic.

    And that Organic Cotton is lovely - mine was so soft but shed a lot.
    Liz said...
    That throw's got nothing on your Lizzie! Nice patterns though.
    SissySees said...
    So... How do I get one of these catalogs? I *NEED* cable vision and your Luxe looks great too!
    Lashell said...
    I've never seen Lion's Brand offer such trendy patterns. The Cable Lux Tunic reminds me of a pattern I seen in one of the Interweaves magazine and the Victoria's Secret sweater.
    Sereknitty said...
    I'm loving that cabled set for baby, especially the organic cotton. I think I'll have to get me some ...!
    Janet Richards said...
    Nice posting. I like your choices :)
    Mama said...
    Do they give the pattern or do you need to buy 'em?

    Like every one of you selections, though when I saw the LB words, I have to admit, I immediately thought "eeeeewwww!"
    (just looking at their "Homespun" makes me itch!
    Still Patrice said...
    lol, girl you are always in the know huh?! cute patterns!
    Robin said...
    I really love the cabled sweater pattern on the far right!
    tina said...
    I love that cable tunic, love it! I've actually seen it like ON THE RACK at a store or two. Go figure. I would love to knit it. Will I? Who knows, Knitting Contrisstmas has me so busy right now along with life that, well---- I have no idea what I'll be knitting for FUN. Woo Hoo, I can't wait!!!! You can bet one dipdog thing, it shall be red!!!
    Knitaholictoo said...
    Not only the styling but the yarns too! The cable sweater sort of looks like the one in this winter's Interweave Knits. I still love your Lizzie! Thanks for the code ;)
    All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...
    Dang woman u be putting it down

Post a Comment