Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Another Quick Quickie!

Despite me running the streets some ;op I have clicked my needles just a little teeny weeny bit.

I finished up the I.O.U. booties and finally did my 1st Pay It Forward project!! :o)

You all are familiar with this knit! I only cranked out 3,826 of these! LOL ;op And I still need to make one for me!!

My BeFF Patrice was one of the recipients I wanted to PIF to back in September!!!!! ;op She blogged about getting her beat up package from me here. Haha!
And I was happy that she can still wear it in cold St. Louis before the winter moves out! Yah!

What else can I say differently about this one?? All the details have already been discussed here. :o)

This one is in Malabrigo (of course!) - Autumn Forest colorway....really like this color too!

Although, the more I knit them the faster I get! It literally only took me about 2.5 hours from CO to finishing details to complete this scarf. Did it in one night while watching some reality TV shows! ;op

But what I will say is, as cute as these neckwarmers are, there is some blocking needed on them as they curl like the dickens!
Don't talk about me! I will be upgrading my blocking supplies soon! ;op
Like getting some real pins and I would LUV these neat blocking gadgets!! But think I am going to go with a knock off version! Haha! :oD

My steam has been slowing down in knitting, but thank goodness my desire is still there!
Glad Mr. Mojo hasn't left me, but it is time for Ms. Tenacious to come thru!!
So I can close out Ms. Rho (my BTS vest) before it starts getting warm and cranking on some socks! But I have just a couple more gift knits to spread my knitterly love around and then I can move on!

27 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    I love that!! I need to click my needles!!!
    urbanknitrix said...
    I love the colors in the neckwarmer. NICE.
    Anonymous said...
    Look at you, cranking out yet another FO! Love the colors.
    Carmell said...
    i need some instant gratification!!! love the neck warmer as much as i hate scarfs i really could have used one this year. STL weather is trippin this winter. we haven't had a winter like this in 6 years! my kids are out of school for the 6th time today!

    i am too looking at the knitters blocks. they would be such a big help!
    QueenDBW said...
    Love the color of the neckwarmer. I was thinking of making one for a friend, but she's in ATL and it'll be warm there soon.
    Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    I need to get me some Malabrigo!!

    That blocking thing...kinda intriguing. The ability to make a big rectangle appeals to me, versus blocking my shawls in pieces.
    Blanche Knits in DC said...
    That is a great neckwarmer! I love knitting while watching the reality shows too!
    Nik said...
    You know, I purchased interlocking pads used for exercise equipment to use as a blocking board years ago. They are huge and cost me like 10 bucks from Tuesday morning. I believe that four of the squares came in the package. This website will give you an idea of what I'm talking about http://www.softnsafefloors.com/oak.html.
    Anonymous said...
    I love those little neck warmers!! Super quick and very satisfying!!
    Reckless Glue said...
    gorgeous colourway --I love those earth tones! this is very similar to the herringbone neckwarmer i'm doing right now too --also those blocking pieces?! i want! i want!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Great color-you have gotten so much done already this year-feel lame-i need to get back into some quick projects as well-this long projects are really doing me in lol
    Anonymous said...
    That is one pretty colorway. I didn't even notice your "unique blocking pins" until you said something, lol. Next time, just leave me in the dark!
    Michelle B said...
    OHH pretty!

    Hey where did you get your labels? my MIL got me some awhile back they aren't that nice!!
    WandaWoman said...
    I like the neckwarmer. Pretty colorway too.
    Liz said...
    Curling...the knitters enemy! Nice neck warmer and YAY!!!! come back to the BTSV!!!!!
    Janet Richards said...
    Your blocking tools look like mine - if they do the job there is no shame in it!! :)

    Pretty neck warmer!
    Don said...
    You have a great knitting blog. Great readers. Great blogger you are. If I could just get you to wear a bra.
    Cas... said...
    There's nothing wrong with your blocking supplies if they work! Nothing at all to be ashamed about. I think I will use your method for blocking my items too!

    Thanks for the inspiration. The neckwarmer is very pretty and thoughtful of you!
    Sheila said...
    Another lovely knit and the colorway is beautiful... I love earthtones. I've been looking at the Blocking Interlocking System too, but Nik has got me thinking, I have extra exercise interlocking floor mats..ummmm
    Anonymous said...
    Ooh very pretty! Come heck or high water, I'm casting on the loafers this weekend :D I just can't decide if I should use that pretty teal I got in the swap, or go with something darker, since they will be on the floor after all :o
    Still Patrice said...
    Mine all mine!!! I wore it to work yesterday and EVERYBODY was saying how pretty it was :)

    Thanks again my BeFF
    doreen said...
    Thes are really cute, I bet all of your recipients are so loving their warm necks. I need a signature quick knit like this one. . .
    Emily said...
    That is just gorgeous! I love the colors.
    Anonymous said...
    This is beautiful!
    Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...
    Nice, nice, nice!! Pretty yarn, lovely stitching!
    Unknown said...
    I love the scarf and your VERY creative blocking tools!
    Anonymous said...
    Very nice neckwarmer!

    Hey, can't you use those alphabet square mats that they sell for kiddos in Toys R Us?? I wonder if they're as water-proof or whatever?

Post a Comment