Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Sushi Time!

It should come to you as no surprise if you have peeped in on my blog wall every now and then....that you will notice that I just LUV food!! :oD

And one of my favorite items to nourish myself on is SUSHI!

What is that you say?? That middle tray doesn't look quite like Sushi?!? Haha! ;op

I saw this cute little kit awhile back and just HAD to have it!!

Mmmmmh not exactly my colors but really want to knit it up, and then I plan to give it to one of my girlfriends who is in a sorority with those colors. She will really like it! Plus I was the one who hooked her onto sushi so it will be perfect!! :o)

As you take a closer look
this package has all the ball colors and zipper enclosed in a cute sushi tray!! :o) Luv that detail!

I purchased this package with my 50% retail coupon of course! You can also order it full price HERE if interested.

And I like to frequent my other fav store (Tar.jay) to sit & knit from time to time in the onsite Starbuck's where they always give out samples when I am there!! Gotta luv that too!! :o)

Those are my Anastasia socks that are growing very slowly on my needles; as I really have not given them that much attention (or any of my other projects). Hopefully I can get up to the gusset this weekend.

Trying to carve out time to knit this month has been challenging and not good for my WIPs in the wrestling ring!! Crimson Warrior needs to catch a second wind to get some slams in ASAP! ;op

In the meantime, I figured another sample wouldn't hurt Haha!

Until next blog time...

20 Comments:

  1. caknitter said...
    The sushi colors are nice.
    Don'tcha just love free samples?
    I think I tried the first sample at my neighborhood Starbucks, too. It was delish!
    Anonymous said...
    Such a cute kit! I've never tried felting, but that is super cute.
    Adrienne said...
    Awww that is a cute kit!!!!! Felting is another thing I've never tried.
    Jo said...
    Samples *never* hurt. I love sushi, too - I just wish I could get my soon-to-be 7 year to love it as well.
    Andrea said...
    I LOVEEEEEEE Sushi. I pretty much will eat anything except for sea urchin. My husband tried it once, and said it tasted like the bottom of the sea. That kit will make a wonderful gift. I've knitted and crocheted felted bags. Crochet is much quicker of course, but they are both lots of fun.
    Denise said...
    I can't live without sushi...I would eat it everyday if I could. The kit is pretty cute too.
    k_purls2 said...
    I'm digging that purse and can't believe you decided to make it for me! thanks! I need it for my id and change for break time at work.

    Tuna rolls are my favorite. Although I was in Scottsdale AZ last summer and there is a restaurant called Zen 32. Oh, the sushi is ridiculous! they had a California roll made with King Crab it was delish. I ate a gazillion rolls during their happy hour.
    SissySees said...
    I never have been able to acquire a taste for sushi... I have a felted wallet kit too, in my stash, somewhere.

    Love free samples!
    Michelle B said...
    I have recently started with a bit of sushi. that wallet will be adroable!

    I don't think my starbucks ever offer free samples....
    tina said...
    look at that cute little Starbucks! wee teensy! :)

    The sushi wallet is ADORABLE! I am anxious to see it finished. I am really jonesin' for sushi lately, I'm afraid I would be tempted to nibble on it a bi
    Scheherazaad said...
    The sushi wallet kit packaging is very smart. I am envying that Starbucks sample. Sushi time with the girls wouldn't be a bad idea either. Could that be considered part of wrestling training?
    robin said...
    Sushi is my FAVORITE food. I could eat it every day. I made that wallet (but there were different colors in my kit - the base color was like a maroon) and it was fun to knit and felt everything.
    diddlinaknits said...
    Well-i'm no sushi lover but those kits are super cute!!
    Your Tar-jay starbucks gives out samples!!!!! Man i need to start hanging out at mine more to see if they give me samples too!
    tiennie said...
    Sushi, knitting, Starbucks, Saturday = bliss!
    cici said...
    I have never gotten any free samples at Starbuck's...hmm...I will have to ask them why. I'm loving the socks.
    Sereknitty said...
    While sushi is at the bottom of my 'most favourites list', that wallet is adorable! Every time I trip across that kit, I get the "I wanna's"!
    keri said...
    Sample calories don't count, right??? =) That's what I keep telling myself!
    smariek said...
    I love sushi and sashimi. I see one mound of wasabi, two mounds of edamame, plus some maguro, uni, and lets call that last one ika. :-)

    Can't wait to see how the felting goes. I've never felted anything (intentionally, lol) before.

    We have a BigBucks in our Tarjay too, and I never thought of stopping by there (sans DD) with my knitting. Great idea, knit a little while enjoying a refreshing beverage, then do a little shopping.
    Knitty Cent said...
    LMAO, i miss those big ole tar.jay's down south!!! that sushi looks adorable (esp. the blue and gold i saw mixed in there!!). sample looks YUMMY!!!
    Anonymous said...
    I thought the same thing about the felting kit...who do I know from that other sorority that could use this, lol! Gina

Post a Comment