Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tinis & Purls

Earlier this month I was visiting one of the many beloved blogs that I like to keep my eye on and 2 Sistahs Knit Together had their 2nd blog anniversary contest.

And guess who won?!?! :oD It was a great package with a project bag, stitch markers, lovely yarn from Karida's Neighborhood Fiber Co. (along with a sample) and her co-authored book Pints & Purls!!

This whole package is filled with irony! As I just so happened to be thumbing thru this knit pattern book when later on that week I was notified I would be getting it! I have also been wanting to try this yarn when I heard about it after I met Chelette in person earlier this year. And how about I've always wanted a fabric made project bag ;o) But the biggest irony of it all. They randomly selected the winner which number came up to be eight and how about I was the 8th commenter and my favorite number happens to be eight!! With all of that it truly was so meant to be!! :o) And I am truly happy about it too!

Here is a closer look at the yummy yarn
It is called Kalorama Circle and it is 435 yards of 100% Superwash Merino...squeeeeeeeee!

And I am already thinking about pairing this yarn with the cowl that is in the book ;o)Which was personally signed by Karida!!! YAY!!!! Since I am more of a martini (and wine) sipper I will be a Tini & Purl chick! :o)

Thank you Cici & Chelette for a great blog anniversary contest gift!!! It definitely is very much appreciated and will be put to good use...hopefully over a few potent 'Tinis of course!! ;o)

21 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Oh lookie lookie!!!! Very pretty yarn!
    betty said...
    Congrats on winning that nice haul of goodies!
    caknitter said...
    Congratulations on your win! Lucky number 8! Can't wait to see the cowl. :-)
    Anonymous said...
    Congrats! Such pretty yarn.
    turtlegirl76 said...
    What a great prize package!
    Jada said...
    Lucky you! That yarn looks very yummy!
    Walden said...
    Congrats! Looks like a great prize package!
    SissySees said...
    What a great package!
    Anonymous said...
    love the yarn, very pretty!
    Cas... said...
    Fun stuff! It's always nice to be the winner!
    tiennie said...
    Very fun package!
    IrishGirlieKnits said...
    What an awesome prize!!! Can't wait to take a lookie at that book too! Love the yarn :)
    cici said...
    Great post! Love the photos. You can't believe how happy I was when your number got picked♥ I am so glad you liked all the goodies.. (It was my first time making a project bag.. Next time I will make it bigger) Can't wait to see what you make with the yarn♥ Again it couldn't happen to a more wonderful person♥
    Susie said...
    What a great prize! Congrats!
    tina said...
    you are a wonderfully lucky girl!!!! And well deserved, enjoy the goodies!
    Judy said...
    Congrats! I have been so busy lately I didn't even know they had a contest!
    Sereknitty said...
    Woohoo! Lucky you!
    Mama said...
    Lucky, lucky, lucky girl!!!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Lucky!!! Great stuff. i was just looking at the book couple weeks ago.
    pretty yarn, i like the colors. Congrats on the win :)
    Denise said...
    Congrats on winning!! That yarn is beautiful!!!!Nice package. I'm feeling the itch for some new sock yarn.
    Denise said...
    Congrats on winning!! That yarn is beautiful!!!!Nice package. I'm feeling the itch for some new sock yarn.

Post a Comment